Sunday, March 11, 2012

Slave to the Wagon

 While down in Old Tombstone this last fall I got the opportunity to ride a wagon, pulled by two gentle creatures. They were small draft horse. Stood some 16 hands with very large hooves. One of them was very friendly and I had the pleasure of spending a few moments with him, his head in my chest while I scratched his ears. As always I took a few dozen pictures of the horses as well as the wagon. If you have never been to Tombstone I recommend it. Getting back home with a hundred pictures or more I decided to draw a series of Tombstone using sepia pencils, much like charcoal and fun to work with. Here is one I did of the draft horses.  Enjoy, Mac  Presently hanging at the Prescott Trap and Skeet club. This original piece is for sale.   9"x12"

No comments:

Post a Comment