Monday, February 20, 2012

Jake

How it all started.
 Back in April of 2011 I decided to draw a portrait of my wife's little dog, Jake. We had him for 13 years and his loss came pretty hard. I wanted to give my wife something that would be special, something that would show her that I too missed this little guy. So with a 2h pencil and a plain piece of  paper from my printer I set out on a mission. I had no clue what I was doing. I decided to use a grid so as to get his eyes and nose in their proper place. Not knowing anything about blending or using erasers I must say it was a challenge. Being determined to complete what I started out to do and a week worth of experiences I will never forget, I completed my first drawing. Although not my best work, I am very proud of it as it is why I am here today. Little Jake lives in my heart and is with me every time I pick up a pencil. I love what I do and drawing has become my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment